Minggu, 16 Januari 2011

My New Bookshelves!

I have always wanted to buy some bookshelves for awhile; after all my TBR piles are piling high up in our storeroom, and a few of my books are stacked in my living room's TV console and coffee table as well. These may be a pleasing view for all booklovers, but I do wonder what other visitors might think should they step into our house and see books lying about almost anywhere.

Anyway, my husband and I had finally decided on buying from a furniture store which is within the neighbourhood. We bought our first bookshelf from them so we know the quality and the workmanship. Plus, the store owner is friendly and she did not charge us for the delivery fees.

So here is a picture of my bookshelves. I bought two shelves; one with two columns, and another with three since that's the most our study room's space could allow. This time around I bought the bookshelves without the doors as I think it is easier to clean and maintain, and most of all it resembles library shelves. I spent the whole Saturday afternoon cleaning the shelves and arranging my books onto them. I have never felt so happy doing chores, ha!

I apologise for the poor picture quality though since I took them from my mobile phone (I was too excited and I think downloading pictures from camera take up some time).


Tada! Most of the shelves are already filled up, and I have fully maximised the space by filling two stacks of books front and back in one cubbyhole. The first column on the left (from top to bottom that is) is where I put all the YA novels (the last cubbyhole isn't filled as I have more YA novels which I need to sort out from our storeroom), fiction are on the second (again I need to go through my TBR piles), and the third is thrillers, mysteries and romance. The fourth row is where my Chinese novels and manga are, and finally I left the last column for my daughter's school textbooks and some studying materials from my husband during his Master's Degree days. Those thick files which you see piled up on top of the shelves are his too. I can't wait to see all the shelves are nicely filled up!

So this is how I spent my weekend. I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend too!